Games I played growing up
- Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition
- Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition
- Space Master
- Role Master
- Time Master
- Gamma World
- Boot Hill
- Star Frontiers
- James Bond
- GURPS (Autoduel, illuminati)
- RIFTS
- Mechanoids
- Robotek
- Star Wars D6
- TORG
- Top Secret
- Storm Bringer
- Call of Cthulhu
- Car Wars
- Dragonraid
- Traveller
- Shadowrun
- Twilight 2000
- Traveller 2300
- Dark Conspiracy
I'd say the top games there would be Space Master, James Bond, and D&D 2nd Edition. I thought the Chaosium game system was the best out of all the game systems, but the games themselves were either pointless (Call of Cthuhu fight the immortal evil gods till you go insane or die) or evil (Stormbringer - I'd like to power up my sword by binding demon too it, better find something to sacrifice). We played a lot of GUPRS as well. I loved Gamma World, I still do, but my friends weren't into the post apocalyptic scene as I was. I don't think we ever got the rules right for Space Master, but we loved running around with Plasma Repeater Rifles mowing down enemies. Towards the end of high school we came up with many of our own games, which I think are as good as some of the games out there now.
At one point, for the better I think, I decided to leave role-playing behind me as it was an addiction. Plus I became a Christian at the time, and I was torn with if RPG's game the enemy some sort of power over me or not. I might feel differently about that now than I did at the time, but regardless I think putting RPG's out of my life at that time was the right call. I think I got rid of everything except my first addition Gamma World game and Space Master. I still have Gamma World though I think my 1st edition of Space Master, probably my favorite game growing up, disintegrated.
Well, now that I'm at a point in life where I have some leisure time, I'm itching to play again. Over the years I've played a few D&D 3.5 one or two session campaigns and D20 modern as well. I ran my own D20 Sci Fi one shot a few years ago with my own hit points / damage system that went really well. I've also played WarHammer 2nd Edition Fantasy and like that as well.
So in my old age I have the following games that I'd like to play if I can find anyone to play with.
- D20 D&D and Pathfinder (SRD's off the internet)
- Some of the free or low cost Retro D&D clones (I've got a few of them)
- War Hammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd Edition preferably)
- Star Trek - My wife is a big Trek fan and has most of the 90ies RPG version of the game books
- Spacemaster and Rolemaster
- Barbarians of Lemuria and Barbarians of the Aftermath
- Gamma World (1st Edition) along with Mutant Futures
- GURPS (I have a 3rd Edition and some world books laying around, though not too many)
- D6 Fantasy, Star Wars, or Hercules and Zena (surprisingly good D6 games)
- I've got a few Indie Games from the internet that I wouldn't mind trying as well.
Games that I don't have that I hear good things about that I'm willing to try would be-
- Savage Worlds
- Delta Green
- Spymaster
- HARP
- 4rth Edition D&D
- 3-3.5 D&D using many of the SRD D20 stuff
- Mongoose Conan
So, if you are in the Phoenix area and ready to game, leave a message and let's dice.
Comments
I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.