I've moved a lot since college. For me to stay in one place for longer than three years is rare, with my average time in one spot lower than that. All the while I've been dragging along a few boxes of RPGs. Since I've been back in Arizona I started collecting them, so I'm up to about four boxes now.
Well, it looks like it might be moving time again. Lately I've been adopting more of a minimalist life style though in many ways that is a tough sell to my wife. She is slowly giving in. And in the process I've decided to work on shedding my RPG collection down to just one box. So far these are the candidates for selling / giving away.
Well, it looks like it might be moving time again. Lately I've been adopting more of a minimalist life style though in many ways that is a tough sell to my wife. She is slowly giving in. And in the process I've decided to work on shedding my RPG collection down to just one box. So far these are the candidates for selling / giving away.
- Role Master Standard System: 10 books. This one is painful, but in reality I doubt that I will ever get anyone one to play this with me. Also it is a system that requires a bit of prep time which I have little of. Thus RMSS will probably go away.
- Mongoose Conan: 5 books. I can see the possibility of actually getting people to play this, but it is remote. I bought the books used to plunder them for other games, and I have most of them in e format now. Still painful, as I really like these books.
- D20 Modern: 4(?) books. This one isn't too painful. I bought these mainly for data mining for ideas. I don't like hit points / levels for modern systems.
- Hackmaster: 2 books. I've got the player's handbook and GM's guide from the older version (AD&D 1.5?) that I intended to use for future campaigns. Painful, but stuff has got to go. Plus now there are so many OSR PDF's out there I won't be wanting I don't think. I still waffle on this one.
- Warhammer 2nd Edition: 10 or so books. My wife likes this game and it is one of the few games she will play with me, but that is only about once a year, and I have digital copies, so off it goes.
- Various One Offs: Another 10 or So books. Tome of Neverworld, Undiscovered, Dwanfire, stuff like that. I either bought them to data mine for ideas or as collectibles.
So with this first pass I plan to shed about 40 rpg books. What stays for now will be Labyrinth Lord (3 books), Savage Worlds (8 books), Barbarians of Lemuria and Barbarians of the Aftermath, and a few PIG game books (5 books). Easily enough to fit in one box I think.
Growing up is hard to do. I'll miss the above stuff I'm giving up, especially RMSS, Mongoose Conan, and Warhammer because those are all quality games. Right now is a special time where I'm in a place where I can game about once a week or once every other week, but that is rare and I don't expect it to last. And even now where I'm playing with other consistent players it is hard to stay consistent with one campaign. I think our record is about four sessions of Savage Worlds: Red Sands. Other than that we are jumping around though mostly staying with Savage Worlds as a rule system with some OSR D&D. With limited game time it is hard to play games that require a fair amount of prep time. So there they go. I still have hundreds of games on PDF.
If you are interested in any of these books and are a gamer, ping me. If you can cover shipping and will actually play these games rather than turn around and flip them on ebay maybe I can get them to you.
Comments